Thursday, July 16, 2009

End of June and July 4th Weekend in Missouri

Sorry for delay yet again, it seems I never get the chance to work on the blog like I wish I could and I've been working on this post for 7 weeks. (The date above says July 16th but I finally published this post on August 30th!) So, a lot has happened since the last post. Brody is 9 months and 8 days old and we have no clue where the time has gone! Here's a recap of fun events during July of 2009.

On June 26th Brody started wearing his cute size 12 month pj's at 7 months old. The pj's are already starting to get tight on his torso...his belly is getting huge! He also learned how to dance standing up on this day thanks to Daddy and managed to crawl up into his little seat and then onto the love seat. He's such a monkey! :) My Mom and Dad celebrated their 39th wedding anniversary this day as well ~ Congrats!
Both pictures below were taken June 28, 2009. Brody fell asleep on our morning walk and I couldn't help but get a picture. Aubrey and Brody posed for a birthday picture to send to Brody's Godfather, Chris 'T-Bar' Allred, who is currently on his second tour overseas, this time in Iraq. Brody's onesie says 'Life is good when you've good a Godfather like mine." Happy Birthday Goddad!



On July 2nd Brody learned how to 'High Five' during breakfast, then we finished packing for our very quick trip to Missouri. We left at 1pm and actually drove all the way through to my parents house in Glasgow, arriving at 11pm. Not sure if we will ever try that again during the day! On the 3rd and 4th we hung out on the Missouri river with my mom, dad, oldest sister Melissa, her husband Michael, and their boys Kale and Evan and my middle sister Heather, her husband, Kent and their daughters Hadley and Layne. I was worried Brody wouldn't do well with a lifejacket on or on the boat, but it didn't phase him a bit! He loved splashing in the water and got very upset when he put sand in his mouth! :) Heather and Kent had all of us out to their house on the 4th to grill and shoot fireworks...it was a great time! Brody slept through the wonderful firework display and Daddy and Grandma Sherry's animated commotion of Tony Stewart winning the NASCAR race! I was very excited that my Godmother, Tonia, was able to join us for the evening and meet Aubrey and Brody! I miss and love her very much! Another great visit with the Monnig clan in Glasgow, and as always, too short!


Brody's first time in grass! We won't put Brody in our yard
yet due to the over population of red ants.

Brody and Pawpaw David in the Muddy MO!

A grandparent sandwich! An exhausted Brody with Grandma Sherry and Pawpaw David.

My mom, sisters Melissa and Heather, and myself doing the Mississippi Girl on the sandbar.

Aub and I right before Aub decided to ski for the first time in three years.
He did amazing until my hat blew off and my dad went back to get it! Aub had to let go of the rope and get up again. All was well for a while until he skipped across the water on his back and did a few flips. Luckily he wasn't hurt too bad!

My nephew Kale

My nephew Evan

My niece Layne

My niece Hadley



From left to right: My mom, sister Melissa, myself, nephew Kale, Tonia, sister Heather
In front: My nephew Evan and niece Hadley


Another sad goodbye with Pawpaw David and Grandma Sherry.


We are off to Slater! July 5th and 6th we were in Slater visiting Aubrey's family. We had a great time visiting with Grandma Robyn and Grandaddy Mike, Aub's middle brother Lon, his wife Carmen, and their son Van, and Aub's youngest brother Whitney, his wife Risa, and their daughter Lauren! Aubrey's Aunt Linda, Uncle Phil, cousin Jenny, her husband Chris and daughter Reece all came in to visit too, as well as Gramps and Great! It was the first time since Christmas that we were all together with the new babies and so exciting to see how they have all changed and grown; especially seeing them interact with each other. Brody had a great time out in Grandaddy Mike's shop with all of the John Deere tractors and spending time outside in the wonderful weather with Grandma Robyn! Another quick but great visit with the Venable clan! We reluctantly headed back to a very hot and humid Mississippi on the July 7th and spent that night in Blytheville, Arkansas.

Four generations! Brody got very excited for this picture with his Great-Grandpa, RV Drummond, Grandma Robyn Venable and Daddy!

Brody playing with his cousin Lauren. If only we knew what they were thinking
or trying to say to one another! :)

With my sweet nephew Van!

The three Venable cousins ~ Brody, Van and Lauren! I couldn't get all of their faces in this shot, but we had to see what they would do in the pack n play.

Aubrey with his brother Whitney and daughter Lauren!

Van's ornery little smile!

Sweet Little Lo!

The cousins: Risa with Lauren, Carmen with Van, Jenny with Reece and Me with Brody
It was so great to have all of the babies together!

No comments:

Post a Comment