Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Two Weeks Full of More Firsts

Momma got me this cute onesie "My Daddy Flies Vipers" and we went to see Daddy at work!

Wish we would have known he was high-needs before we bought the swing and that high-needs babies don't like mechanical arms! June 17th, my last day in my swing that I barely swang in!

Of course I'm a stud, with and without the spiked hair! :)

At Magowah Gun and Country Club.
No, we didn't have another baby, that's Brody's girlfriend Lydia!

Do you like my mohawk?!?! Momma thinks it rocks!

My ornery little devil face! :)

Relaxing after a long, hot day at Magowah!

"Momma, I want the camera!"
"If I try a sweet face may I have the camera?"

What a fun day at Magowah! I'm whipped!

The reminents of my first teething biscuit! It was yummo!

"Hey, check me out! I just climbed up on my chair all by myself and stood up!"

"Look Mama I can stand up and hold on with one hand!"
Good thing Daddy is a great spotter! :)

Sorry for being almost one week late posting! Brody's three thirty minute naps have made computer time non-existent lately, along with a busy weekend and it being a night week for Aubrey. Many new firsts since over the last two weeks to share so here goes! His personality blossoms more every day!


On June 14th Brody began shaking his head from side to side as though he's saying 'NO'! Yes, he is told 'NO' quite often all ready so I knew this mimicking was sure to begin. He enjoys shaking his head this way while laying on his back and kicking his feet! On the 16th he figured out how to open the door under the kitchen sink ~ I still need to get Aubrey to put the hooks on the doors from the inside so we aren't calling the Poison Control Hotline soon! The 17th Brody ate his first real peach and loved it! The 18th was Brody's first day ever without taking a poo ~ the next day wasn't so much fun. I was super excited on the 19th when he 'danced', my explanation for rocking up and down while sitting, for the first time and we also started attending 'Mother Goose' at the public library. Last Saturday, June 20th, we went to the annual catfish fry/gun shooting at Magowah Gun and Country Club for Aubrey's squadron. Brutal is the only word to describe the heat but we had a great time letting Brody have watermelon for the first time and I spiked his hair! We actually stripped him down to his diaper because he was so hot and covered in watermelon juice, sunscreen and sweat. Pictures are above from this day! Oh, he also picked up a live millipede on the kitchen floor and attempted to devour it but Daddy caught his hand in the knick of time!


On the 21st Brody and I woke up and gave Daddy lots of hugs for Aubrey's 1st Father's Day! Aubrey and I are getting each other a massage at local spa for our respective days, but haven't gotten those scheduled yet! Anyway, we had a great day celebrating Aubrey for the amazing Dad that he is! I also gave Brody his first teething biscuit while Aub was outside mowing the grass. Daddy doesn't do well with the mess so we do messy things while he's not here! :) Brody turned 7 months old on the 22nd! How fast the time has gone by, it is absolutely bitter sweet!

This past Tuesday Brody started dancing in his exersaucer. He despises being in it unless one of us is sitting next to him so I sat there and started applauding when he began to move his legs as though he was running. Well, he loved my excitement so he kept it up and I kept telling him to dance and clap for him ~ it was awesome!


Yesterday Brody decided to climb into his chair and continue to stand up all by himself! I was closest to him so I made Aub get the camera then we switched spots so I could get pictures. He's been trying to climb into his chair for a few days and was finally successful!

Two other fun notes this week, when Aubrey gets home Brody will crawl to him ~ absolutely melts both of our hearts! :) And, sometimes when I clap for him he will come over, grab my hands in his and clap my hands together for me. He's just a riot!

The videos take forever to upload on the blog so my goal is to get them on YouTube this weekend. We have quite a few now! :) Hope all of you are well!


1 comment:

  1. He is such a doll! And good for you for making note of all of his milestones. I think I started doing that with Trey, then stopped. Probably thought about it with Meghan and didn't do it,and poor little Caitlyn! ; ) Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete