Monday, June 8, 2009

Crawling, Talking & Grandma Sherry

I love my sweet potato puffs!

Sleeping on Grandma Sherry, look at my big belly!

I look like my Daddy when he was my age and getting some love from Mommy!

Mommy & Grandma Sherry were putting my clothes away that don't fit anymore. Obviously the hat is too small but made for a great pic!

Hi Everybody!
Brody & I celebrating Tony Stewart's first win an as owner/driver last night! :)

Aub & Brody in his size 12-18 month pj's.

Last week was wonderful! Brody crawled for the first time on Tuesday, June 2nd, at 6 months and 10 days old. Aubrey and Brody were playing on the floor in Brody's room that evening when Aubrey moved his fingers on the floor to entice Brody to move his hands forward and it worked! Aubrey immediately called me into Brody's room so I was able to see his second attempt!

Brody will only high-tail it across the floor for something he really wants like one of our cell phones or the remotes to the TV. He's still getting the hang of it and crawls about three or four feet before sitting to take a rest. He crawls with a 'hitch in his get-along' as Aub says. Brody learned to push with his right foot to sit up from his tummy, so when he crawls, his right foot and left knee is on the ground. A few times this weekend he crawled with both knees on the floor so hopefully with time he'll figure out! :)

Brody is also saying 'Ba' and 'Ma' and his little personality is blossoming! He is ALL boy, already mischievous and boisterous! Brody loves the pool and tomorrow morning we will begin the children summer reading series at the library on base. He loves books, we read three times a day for about 15-20 minutes, so I think he will enjoy listening to others read and being around other babies.

My mom also came down for a quick visit this weekend and we had a great time! My mom learned first-hand how Brody is more wild than ever and such a monkey, all he wants to do is climb! She also did a great job putting him to sleep with pat-a-cake! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment